- Social Media Coordinator - If you live your life on-line, and can spare a few minutes to help us keep our Facebook pages up to date, our Craig's List ads fresh and appealing, and anything else that will help our pets find their forever homes, then you're just the person we're looking for to fill this position.
- Special Events Coordinator – Because we are a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on donations. We have several fund-raising events every year, and the person in this position will be responsible for planning, setting up, and running these events - bake sales, vaccine clinics, dog washes, etc. They will also need to schedule and run regular (once or twice a month) Adoption Events, which can often be combined with the fundraisers.
- Seamstress – We need someone to make pet beds, bellybands, and bandannas.
- Transportation Coordinator – This position requires a car large enough to take our animals wherever they may need to go for vet appointments, adoption events, etc. We provide money for gas and any bridge tolls necessary.
- Photographer/Videographer – We need someone able to make videos of our adoptable animals (especially those that are taking a while to get adopted or those with special needs) so that we can post them on youtube and/or our website, FB pages, Craigslist etc. They would also need to come to our events and take candid photos of the animals and volunteers.
- Development Coordinator - We are looking for someone experienced in developing funding sources to augment our existing donations. Locating and applying for grants, both public and private, as well as developing a major donor program will be the main focuses of this position.
- Student Intern - Umbrella
of Hope's student internship program is a supervised pre-professional
experience for students to gain work experience in the veterinary and/or
non-profit field. The student intern position is for anyone, but it
would be better for a University or Community College student who wants
to work in the Veterinary field in any capacity or someone who is
interested in working with non-profits. There is a possibility of a book
scholarship awarded each semester/two quarters.
It will require a minimum of 10 hours per week on-site and/or online. The duties of the student intern will vary depending on their interests and the need of the organization. Most students, however, will benefit from working under one of our Board of Directors in the Rescue Connect Clinic, a project of UOH and Well Pet Vet Clinic to provide low cost surgeries to other rescue groups.
** Internships are unpaid and part-time (minimum 10 hours/week) on a rolling semester/quarter basis.
** We will provide letters of recommendation for colleges/employment at your request after successful completion of the program. We are a non-profit, so the internship DOES count as community service hours.
** You can choose to split your hours into 2, 3, 4, or 5 days/week. Hours are available 7 days a week and we will find a regular schedule to fit your needs.
** We will work around your class and work schedules.
** Many of the computer duties can be done from your home if desired (after training).
** Vacation time will be approved if submitted early.
** We will give preference to those pursuing careers in the veterinary, marketing, health care/business/public administration, or non-profit fields.
** Reliable transportation to our office in Pittsburg is a requirement when scheduled.
Umbrella of Hope (UOH) actively seeks to recruit volunteers and student interns without regard to race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or physical handicap. UOH also reserves the right to temporarily or permanently deny entry to the volunteer program. Possible reasons for denial may include but are not limited to the following: personal goals not compatible with the goals and philosophy of UOH, lack of professionalism, performance and conduct issues such as absenteeism and neglect of animals. You must be over 18 years of age, or have the written consent of your guardian, to volunteer for Umbrella of Hope.
This form is intended for you to tell us more about your interests so that we may correctly determine which volunteer or internship area you would most benefit in. It is our goal that volunteers and interns gain valuable and meaningful experiences while being in our organization.
To ensure that you receive a response, please add email@example.com to your Contacts.
This site designed and maintained by TTI Consulting ©2013 Umbrella of Hope Rescue Group